Let’s talk about what we read. Below you’ll find a list of books I’ve been reading as well as hand-picked articles I think are worth your time.
If there is something you think I should read, or if you feel like discussing any of the books or articles I’ve posted here, leave a note in the comments.
Books of 2018
- The Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx and Frederich Engels ★★★★★
- History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund ★★★★★
- The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters ★★★☆☆
- Uncommon Type: Some Stories by Tom Hanks ★★★☆☆
Recommended Reading 2018
- The Very Bad Politics of Putting ‘Healthcare Over Politics’ by Tim Faust, Splinter, February 8
- The House That Spied on Me by Kashmir Hill and Surya Mattu, Gizmodo, February 7
- 1 Son, 4 Overdoses, 6 Hours by Katharine Q. Seelye, The New York Times, January 21
- Why Birds Matter, And Are Worth Protecting by Jonathan Franzen, National Geographic, January 14
- I Started the Media Men List. My Name Is Moira Donegan. by Moira Donegan, The Cut, January 10
- The War on Terror Is a War on Minnesota’s Peaceful, Entrepreneurial Somali Immigrants by Eric Boehm, Reason, January 3
- The Old and the Restless by Chris Walker, The Atavist Magazine
- Diary of a Do-Gooder by Sara Eckel, Longreads, January
I do my best to keep track of the biggest political news stories each day. Follow my Flipboard magazine, High Impact, where I collect the most important articles in real time.